Pages

A Letter from Jesus

As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. The celebration of my birthday began many years ago. At first, people seemed to understand and be thankful for all that I had done for them, but today, no one seems to care anymore.
Family and friends get together and celebrate, but ignore the actual cause for the celebration. I remember last year when there was this great feast in my honour. The whole place was lit up with lights; there was a huge decorated Christmas tree and several beautifully wrapped gifts. The dining table was full of delicious foods, pastries, assorted nuts and chocolates. But, guess what? I wasn't invited. The party was in my honour and I wasn't even invited.
When the celebration started, I was left outside. I wanted to be with them but they did not even remember me. Anyway, I quietly entered the party and stood in a corner without disturbing anybody.
They were drinking, smoking, etc., and seemed to be having a great time in doing the things that they knew would hurt me. To top it all, a man dressed up as Santa Claus, entered the room yelling 'Ho-Ho-Ho'; and all the children went running to him, shouting: "Santa Claus, Santa Claus" as if the party were in his honour.
At midnight all the people began to wish each other and exchange gifts. While they opened their gifts with great joy, I looked to see if perhaps there was one for me; but there was none. How would you feel if on your birthday everybody got a gift, except you? I didn't even get a birthday song; instead they sang 'jingle bells', 'you better watch out' and 'Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer', songs which have nothing to do with me at all. I ended up leaving the party with my eyes filled with tears.
Every year it gets worse. Everyone remembers the gifts, the parties, the food and drinks, etc., but nobody remembers me. Everyone wishes each other, but nobody wishes me. Don't they know that I am alive and with them? Why do they treat me as though I did not rise from the dead?
This Christmas I would like you to realise that it was on this day, around two thousand years ago, that I left the comforts of my heavenly abode to come into this world and die on the cross in atonement for your sins, so that you could have eternal life. There 'is' an eternal life. Just because you feel that it is too good to be true, does not mean that it is not true. If there was no eternal life, then there was no need for me to come and die for your sins. I have paid a very heavy price for you to have this eternal life in heaven. Please don't waste it all. I don't want to lose you.
This Christmas if at all you would like to give me a birthday present then give me your love. Invite me into your life. All you have to do is say a prayer from the depth of your heart, asking me to be the Lord and Saviour of your life. Then leave everything to me, I will do the rest.
I will be waiting for your invitation.

Lots and lots of love,
Jesus.